Tuesday, October 21, 2008

fort point cocktail

2 oz. Rye (Old Overholt was used)
1/2 oz. Punt e Mes
1/4 oz. Benedictine

Stir with chipped ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Serve with a brandied cherry on the side.

A belated post from my first trip to Drink on 13 October. This was my last cocktail (of 3) for the night. This cocktail is as close as Drink comes to a "signature cocktail" - really, all of their cocktails are so singular. Sam mixed this up expertly and it was a perfect way to finish my cocktailing proper for the evening.

After I finished this drink, I went over to the other wing of the bar to say "Hi" to John. Seated to our right, Brother Cleve recognized us from the Haus Alpenz tasting at Deep Ellum and introduced us to his friend Pratap (sorry if I got the spelling not quite correct). We chatted while John poured me a lil something, darned if I can remember what, but it was home-made and tasty. Ah! yes, I remember - Ben's (respectable) attempt to duplicate Carpano Antica Formula! The scent was virtually dead-on, but the body was a tad lighter. And that kind of stuff is what really makes John's bars unique - his generous offers to sample some of the works-in-progress. Fred and I are always game for tasty experiments.

No comments: