Tuesday, October 1, 2013

a tale of two kitties

1 3/4 oz Plantation Dark Rum
3/8 oz Orgeat
3/8 oz Allspice Dram
1/2 oz Lime Juice

Dry shake with a spent half lime shell and pour over a rocks glass filled with crushed ice. Add a straw.

For my next drink, since the place was so busy, I pre-ordered my second drink along with my first so that I did not have to waste too much of their time. When the bartenders saw that my drink was finished, I gave my nod and they embarked on my second libation, A Tale of Two Kitties. Bar manager Tyler Wang later explained the curious name by describing how it was a tribute to "the long lost and beloved Stephen the cat, and his owners love of rum Lion's Tails." The Rum Lion's Tail seems like such a more logical step than the classic Bourbon one as I previously noted in the Hair of the Lion from the North Star Cocktails book.
The Tiki-styled drink began with a lime oil aroma. The lime theme continued into the sip along with almond and caramel notes, and the swallow offered the pairing of the dark rum and the allspice flavors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great blog Frederic. I just started following you and the selection of the cocktails is great and loved the stories as well! Thanks for sharing!