Sunday, July 26, 2015

dolin blanc cobbler

2 1/2 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Raspberry Syrup

Shake with ice and strain into a Cobbler cup filled with crushed ice. Garnish with raspberries and lemon wheel quarters, and add a straw.

After dinner at Cane and Table, I made the trek back to the Modern Hotel to drop off my stuff and prepare for the night's activities. Before going up to the room, I stopped into the hotel bar which happens to be Bellocq from the Cure and Cane and Table folk. One of Bellocq's specialty is Cobblers and I have made a few of their recipes at home; indeed, the fact that Bellocq was in the Modern played a role in my hotel decision making process.
For a drink, I asked bartender Mike for the Dolin Vermouth Blanc Cobbler since I was on a roll with the other Dolin Blanc drink, the Modern Lover, an hour or so before at Cane and Table. Once prepared, it offered a raspberry with fresh lemon bouquet. Next, lemon and light wine notes on the sip showed off wisps of berry flavors, but most of the raspberry came through on the swallow.

No comments: