Sunday, November 13, 2016

fannie ward

1 jigger Bacardi Rum (1 1/2 oz Owney's Rum)
Juice 1/2 Lime (1/2 oz)
2 dash Grenadine (3/4 oz)
White of an Egg

Shake once without and once with ice, and strain into a cocktail glass. I added 3 drops of Bittermens Molé Bitters as a garnish.

Two Sundays ago, I spotted my reprint of Tom Bullock's 1917 Ideal Bartender and decided to pick my evening's libation from that tome. The Fannie Ward caught my eye for the name and its likeness to some versions of the September Morn. Fannie was an American stage and film actress who became famous due to her strangely ageless appearance. Just like the painting September Morn captured innocence, Fannie always appeared youthful.
The Fannie Ward presented a grassy rum aroma with hints of chocolate to the nose. Next, a creamy and crisp pomegranate sip transitioned into a rum swallow with a lime finish. The egg white donated a silky elegance to an otherwise simple Bacardi Cocktail.

No comments: