Tuesday, July 11, 2017

evergreen terrace

2 oz Johnny Drum Bourbon (Larceny)
3/4 oz Campari
1/2 oz Strega
1/4 oz Ginger Liqueur (King's)

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.

Two Tuesdays ago, I turned to Food & Wine: Cocktails 2015 for recipe inspiration. There, I was lured in by the Evergreen Terrace by Ryan Casey of Edmund's Oast in Charleston, South Carolina, that he named for the street where the television family The Simpsons lives. I was drawn in for the combination of liqueurs reminded me of recipes by Chris Hannah such as the Rebennack, and the Campari and Strega pairing (along with a ginger element) made me think of the Count's Swizzle.
In the glass, the Evergreen Terrace shared a Bourbon and anise-minty herbal bouquet to the nose. Next, the malt and orange sip led into a Bourbon swallow accented by anise and bitter orange flavors and a ginger finish. Indeed, the Strega donated an evergreen pine-like note that seemed to support the drink's name.

No comments: