Monday, July 10, 2017

look my way

1 1/2 oz Lustau Amontillado Brandy
1/4 oz Giffard Crème de Peche (Massenez)
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/4 oz Demerara Syrup
1 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth

Whip shake and serve over crushed ice (shake with ice and strain into a coupe glass). Garnish with an edible pansy (ornamental pea blossom).
Two Mondays ago, I decided to make a drink by Jesse Cyr of Seattle's Rob Roy that I had spotted in the OnTheBar app drinks list. The Look My Way seemed quite light and delightful and the combination of Amontillado and peach reminded me of Death & Co.'s Moon Cocktail. While the Cobbler format was rather appropriate given the fortified wine as a base, I for some reason opted to serve this one up. Once prepared, the Look My Way gave forth a nutty sherry aroma. Next, lemon and grape on the sip led into nutty, floral, and peach flavors on the swallow.

No comments: